Today I finished working on the fuel tank z-brackets and the rudder leading edge.
I had to drill the holes to size for the pop rivets to fit, so I drilled and riveted a single hole at a time. This kept the leading edge joined together and aligned. There was no way I in hell I wanted to try and get those leading edges joined again. It was pretty straight forward using this method with no dramas encountered. I also picked out the fish-eye bearing bolts and jam nuts and hand screwed them into position. I’ll get these aligned later. I also pop riveted the 4 rivets on the bottom of the rudder horn brace. Here is the final result. Rudder build time 1 hour.
I then got the z-brackets and confirmed that the paint had dried. I then back-riveted the 3 platenuts onto each z-bracket and bolted them to the wing spars. I only hand tightened them but I’ll do them up properly next build session. Wing build time 2 hours.