//
you're reading...
Wings

Finished tank cradle

I got some brackets and was able to finish my tank cradle today.

First I drilled the L-brackets into position and glued the ply sheets to the timber with some liquid nails. I then screwed the brackets onto the sheets.

I then trimmed some spare rubber matting I had and clamped these into position to provide a soft surface for the skins to sit in the cradle.

A test fit using the leading edge skins looked great!

Next, I fired up the soldering iron so I could de-vinyl the leading edge skins. I only removed the vinyl strips on the outside surface and completely removed the vinyl on the inside.


I then put the right leading edge skin into the cradle and started fixing the nose ribs. The plans called advise starting to put the clecoes in from the front, top first, and working your way aft. Once the top side is clecoed on, then repeat for the bottom side. I managed to clecoe to top sides of all the nose ribs before I ran out of time.

Build time 2 hours.

Advertisements

About gstrack

Husband and father of 2. Control & Instrumentation Engineer. Flying nut. Gadget geek.

Discussion

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: