//
you're reading...
Wings

Bottom Skins De-vinyled

I’m back! I’ve been travelling with work and haven’t worked on the plane much lately. I did managed to devinyl the bottom skins and fix them to the skeletons though.

Ising my blunt soldering iron and wooden straight edge, I melted lines on the blue vinyl protective sheet so I could remove the platic in strips to expose the rivet holes. Here is a photo of the right wing bottom skins…

… and here is a photo of the left wing bottom skins.

I’ve got some time off now so I’m looking forward to getting some more tool time on the kit this week.

Build time – 2 hours.

Advertisements

About gstrack

Husband and father of 2. Control & Instrumentation Engineer. Flying nut. Gadget geek.

Discussion

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: