//
you're reading...
Wings

Left wing top skin match drilling

Yesterday I snuck into the shed and started match drilling the top skins. First, I put in more clecoes that what I already in place. I had enough clecoes to put one in every 3rd hole. In areas that needed a bit more support, I put clecoes in every 2nd hole. This ensured that the holes would line up as close as possible.

As I drilled, I marked every hole with a Sharpie to ensure I didn’t miss any. Once I had drilled all the empty holes, I stepped all the clecoes to an adjacent hole so I could match drill all the remaining holes. Eventually, I finished them all off without any dramas. I then removed the left top skins from the skeleton and placed them on one of my benches ready for deburring.

Apologies for the blurry photos. The camera on my new phone is rubbish. I’m missing my iPhone VERY MUCH! Build time 2 hours.

Advertisements

About gstrack

Husband and father of 2. Control & Instrumentation Engineer. Flying nut. Gadget geek.

Discussion

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: