I had a BIG painting session today. I didn’t take many photos as paint and iPhones don’t mix.
I put a large drop sheet on the ground out the front of my shed and moved the horse float so that it would provide a wind break and also wouldn’t get any overspray. I then layer all the parts for one wing on the drop sheet and primed them. When they were touch-dry, I flipped them over and did the other side. I repeated the process for the other wing parts.
Nothing too difficult, it just took a while. I had to make 2 batches of paint to do everything. Once everything was primed I clecoed the rear spar parts together and went back to the instructions to double check I hand’t missed anything. I had. The outboard holes on the outboard doubler plate need to be countersunk to allow the use of flush rivets. I set my countersinking tool up and countersunk both plates.
Build time – 4 hrs.