//
you're reading...
Empennage

Elevator holes deburred

With the countersinking and match drilling completed, it was time to bevel the counterweight skins. First I marked the counter skins to show where they needed to be bevelled.

I used my linisher sanding wheel to bevel the marked areas so that a smooth transition would be made with the elevator skins.

I didn’t bevel these to a knife edge, just thin enough so that the elevator skins wouldn’t have a step in them when they were laid over these edges.

I then used my hex debarring tool and TIMMY to deburr all the holes on both elevators. I used my needle files to debur the holes that I couldn’t reach with TIMMY. It was slow going and tedious, but necessary work. Here is a shot of the right elevator disassembled with all holes deburred.

Next session I’ll break the edges and scuff to get them ready for priming.

Build time 3.5 hrs.

Advertisements

About gstrack

Husband and father of 2. Control & Instrumentation Engineer. Flying nut. Gadget geek.

Discussion

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: