It’s been a couple of weeks since I’ve made it back into the shed. Work has been crazy and last weekend was a social affair.
Yesterday was a public holiday so I managed to get a little bit done. My brother has just moved house and as a result I have inherited his old workbench, a large rack and my Grandfather’s old bench vice. It’s enormous and much better than my little one. With the valuable assistance of my mate Mitchell, we managed to rearrange the shed so that I’m not tripping over boxes every time I walk in. I also have a lot more bench space now.
With the new bench arrangement sorted, I managed to actually do some work on the plane. I repaired the nutplate countersinks on the upper side of both spars and shot them with primer. Nothing really different to see from my previous posts so no photos. I left these to dry and will fix the other sides tomorrow.
Build time 2 hrs.