//
you're reading...
Empennage

Elevator edge prep

Mitchell (aka. Chief Scuffer) came down tonight so we both worked on the plane. Mitch got to work on removing the vinyl off the elevators so I could debur the holes later. Here’s Mitch hard at work.

Whilst Mitch was using the soldering iron on the right elevator, I was using the micro files to break the edges on the left elevator. The left one has the most amount of edges due to it having the trim tab and servo hatch. Here’s a shot of the left elevator with all edges prepped. I haven’t deburred the holes yet.

We then removed the vinyl strips from the right elevator ready for me to debur the holes at a later date. We then removed all the vinyl from the inner side of the skins.

Total build time for the two of us tonight – 3 hrs.

Advertisements

About gstrack

Husband and father of 2. Control & Instrumentation Engineer. Flying nut. Gadget geek.

Discussion

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: