Last night I finished off edge finishing the ribs of the VS. I used my micro-files which are worth their weight in gold. I then scuffed them with some Scotchbrite and fluted them straight. Pretty standard stuff and no dramas encountered.
Next step was to cleco the VS skeleton together and match drill the rear spar holes and all rib-to-spar holes to #30. The only issue I encountered was the lower rib-forward spar-nose rib union. I couldn’t quite get the drill into position so I had to use my 12″ #30 drill bit to get in there. An angle drill might have to go on the shopping list I reckon.
Then the VS skin went on. I removed the vinyl along the rivet hole lines first, then clecoed the skin to the skeleton. As with the HS, I found getting the skin on a little tricky. It takes a bit of effort to get the holes lined up as the skin is a relatively tight fit on the skeleton. I used the same technique as with the HS. I started with the nose rib and clecoed back along the main rib to the read spar. Then I “walked the skin” using clecoes every couple of holes. It was getting late so I parked the job here.
Build time 2.5 hrs.