I snuck into the shed when I had a couple of opportunities today. There were a few steps which the kids could assist with minimal risk to damaging my precious parts. The next step in the instructions called for the main rib aft flanges to be drilled out to #21 to match the rear hole spars. Here is the Chief Supervisor and myself drilling the main rib aft flanges to #21 to match the rear spar. The Chief Marker was taking the photo. For some reason Xavier thinks every photo requires tongue.
Then I inserted the inner main and nose ribs into their respective positions so that the skin holes could be marked onto the flanges. The Chief Marker did a stirling job of this for me. I then removed these ribs and fluted them under the watchful eye of The Supervisor. I then assisted the Chief Marker to draw the centre lines of each flange.
The ribs were then clamped back into position such that the centrelines were lined up with the skin holes.
I then drilled the main rib aft flanges using the rear spar holes as a guide. The new holes in the inner rib aft flanges look good. Edge clearances are great.
I then removed the inner ribs, cleaned out the filings, then clecoed/clamped them back into position. Ready for match drilling the rib flanges using the skin holes as guides.
Build time 1.5 hrs.