I am very pleased to announce that the Empennage Kit arrived safe and sound yesterday. I spent last night opening the boxes with my two trusty assistants and inspecting all the parts for any signs of damage in transit. Other than one of the reinforcing brackets having a fairly pronounced curve along its length, everything appears to be in order.
As luck would have it my tools, which were due to arrive at the same time, have been delayed in transit. So I’m limited to cataloging, sorting, storing and anything else I can do without any tools.
Taking an inventory of the kit took about 1hr. I then spent another 3hrs sorting through all the parts, finding homes for them and generally pottering about. I could probably have taken less time doing this but I was enjoying myself and wasn’t in a rush. If I can find some suitable sand paper, I might be able to start on smoothing the HS spars and actually say that I have started building!